Free bilingual drugs helpline
A free and bilingual telephone drugs helpline providing a single point of contact for anyone in Wales wanting further information or help relating to drugs or alcohol.
The drug and alcohol helpline will assist individuals, their families, carers, and support workers within the drug and alcohol field to access appropriate local and regional services.
Services available include:
- Initial assessment to establish an individual's needs
- Signposting to local and regional drug and alcohol services
- Information on drugs and alcohol, and their effects
- Information and contact details for substance misuse teams, needle exchanges other associated health services
- Information on other suitable helplines
- A wide range of brief interventions including harm reduction and overdose management
Drug & Alcohol Helpline
Dan 24/7 is a free and confidential drugs helpline. Calls from public telephone boxes are free of charge: calls from a mobile phone may incur a charge from your network.
Dan 24/7 telephone number will NOT appear on your home itemised bill.
Getting help is the first step
Talking to somebody about your drug or alcohol problem is the first step to resolving your problems. You can call DAN 24/7 on 0808 808 2234 anytime day or night and we will give you help and advice.
If you'd rather look for an agency online then you can search through our online database of drug and alcohol agencies where you can find National and Local agencies that will be able to help you.
Remember, anything you tell DAN 24/7 or any agency you contact is confidential and you won't even need to give your real name.
Find out about drugs
We have compiled an A to Z of Drugs to help you understand more about drugs.
We've included information about the risks to your health and information about the legal penalties for possessing and supplying drugs.
There is also information about what various drugs look like as well as the paraphernalia used in their preparation.
Take a look to find out more